Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Briggsy
Frequent Visitor

Data Refresh in Power BI

I have a dataset that's imported to a PowerBI Desktop file.  I published to PowerBI Servier and scheduled the refresh.  I want to display the file on a screen in our office and have the report refresh automatically when the data set refreshes without having to phyiscally hit the refresh button.  Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Briggsy,

The process can be broken down into 4 high-level steps:

1. Access a web browser through your TV – You need a way to access app.powerbi.com through your TV.
  2. Render the report in Full Screen mode – In order for your report to look sleek and professional, you’ll want to hide the browser bar and the Windows taskbar.
  3. Automatically refresh the page – While the underlying data may get updated on a scheduled basis, you will need to refresh the page to see the most recent data.
  4. Determine the refresh frequency of the underlying data – Depending on the process in the backend, you will need to assess what is an acceptable refresh frequency, both from the audience’s point of view, and from the availability of the data.

Here is good article in which a detailed solution is mentioned. Could you go to check if it works in your scenario? Smiley Happy

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Try out the Power BI Mobile app in Surface Display mode:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-win10-app-presentation-mode/

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.