Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarkSL
Helper V
Helper V

Data Refresh in Desktop no longer showing row count progress

Hi, 

I have recently upgraded my PBI Desktop to the latest version:

• Release: October 2021
  • Product Version: 2.98.882.0 (21.10) (x64)

When I refresh my pbix, I am no longer seeing the row count progress against each table, or the MB downloaded from Dataflows?  Instead I just see 'Creating Connection in Model':

MarkSL_0-1635452958412.png

The refresh does complete in expected time, but we are now blind to its progress?

I have tried from muliple reports (small and large datasets) and the issue is the same.

Is anyone else seeing this?  

Thanks

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MarkSL 

The new release for BI that came out today should have it fixed.  The topic was raised as an issue and has since been accepted (you can refer here for the issues etc https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues).

Thanks mate.

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @MarkSL this has been raised as an issue and is being actioned by Microsoft 🙂 

Hopefully the fix will be in the new update 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Hi @TheoC 

Thanks for the above and good to know it's being fixed.  I did do a search on the forum but couldn't see anything?   Is there another thread on the issue?

Mark

Hi @MarkSL 

The new release for BI that came out today should have it fixed.  The topic was raised as an issue and has since been accepted (you can refer here for the issues etc https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues).

Thanks mate.

Theo

Recieved notificaton of new version of Power BI Desktop today and I can confirm that the row counts are now showing again.

Version: 2.98.1004.0 64-bit (October 2021)

Thanks

Mark

@MarkSL awesome news! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.