Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RV1
Helper I
Helper I

Data Refresh failure

Data Refresh Error.PNG

I am extracting data from Dynamics 365. I have used Edit Query to limit each table to 7-10 fields. Some tables have row level filters as well. I am getting this error even on Excel Sheets for Dates. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RV1  The purpose of marking a date table is that you should only have just 1 inside your entire model.  Once you have the one you want, you should remove the others and update the table relationships to point to the single date table.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the way those tables are named, they look like date tables that are attached to your "Time Entry" and "Bookable Resource" tables.

It is advised that you create your own date table and make use of the "Mark as Date Table" function.  I've personally converted some PBIX files into Analysis Services and had to manually delete out some Local Data Tables that had appeared.

Thanks Ross. 'Time Entry'  and 'Bookable Resources' etc are all Dynamics 365 tables. These are the user friendly names given to them. Apart from Date tables in Excel, all other tables have been sourced directly from D365.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried creating a date table and marking it as a date table as I have suggested?  The local data table that its complaining about comes about without a set date table.

I do have a date table but I don't know how to mark it as a Date Table. Could you please guide me on that? Many thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

Just make sure you select your table before clicking that option.  Its greyed out in my screenshot as i just opened Power BI Desktop quickly to take the screenshot.

I tried two solutions:

Make a backup of your Power BI file

Navigate to Options -> Data Load -> Untick "Auto Date/Time".

Refresh all data

Navigate to Options -> Data Load -> tick "Auto Date/Time".

Refresh all data

When I unticked Auto date/time, I received another set of errors. Hence I back tracked.

2. Identified 2 date tables as date tables. There was a third table as well. When I tried to mark it as a date table, an error was generated as the dates field had gaps i.e. some dates were missing.

End result is that I am still getting the same error message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RV1  The purpose of marking a date table is that you should only have just 1 inside your entire model.  Once you have the one you want, you should remove the others and update the table relationships to point to the single date table.

Thanks Ross. I think I'll go back to the drawing board. The reports have been in making over a period of time with multiple developers. They require a cleanup. Thanks for educating me. Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.