Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

szielinski
Frequent Visitor

Data Refresh Field

hi im having a little isssue is that im trying of out a field on my dashboard that show me the last time i update the data

im look in several forums even here and videos that show a supossedly way to do it but is fake, what make those functions is just put a time stamp of the date of my sistem no of my tables 

this are some of the ways that i already try 

Add last refresh date to a Power BI report - Azure DevOps | Microsoft Docs

or go to the power query editor and put datetime code the but that dont reflect for real the last time i update my data that i want is this info, if someone can give me the rigth answer please

szielinski_0-1632865187468.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

the "Last refreshed"  data has not a lot of meaning. All it means that the Power BI service has successfully refreshed the partitions, but it has no idea if the data in the partitions is actually updated.  It will happily refresh old data over and over.

Find  a suitable datetime field in your actual data (like the last order date) and use that instead.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

the "Last refreshed"  data has not a lot of meaning. All it means that the Power BI service has successfully refreshed the partitions, but it has no idea if the data in the partitions is actually updated.  It will happily refresh old data over and over.

Find  a suitable datetime field in your actual data (like the last order date) and use that instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.