Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tbobolz
Resolver I
Resolver I

Data Refresh - Expression.Error column not found

Hi all, I somewhat new to Power BI.

I created a desk top report from a csv file. I have made some custom measure and columns, but other then that, there is nothing complexe about my data. After saving and refreshing my data, I receive an error that a specific clomun of the table wasn't found. The olny thing I have done different is that I added a few new fields to my soruce csv file, yet I made no changes to the field that BI is having trouble finding. I have valided that the field is in my source and spelling is correct. I am not sure where this is going wrong. Is there something I need to update after making adjustments to the source file?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the help! After reading the link you suggested and learning a little more about managing the query properties and applied steps, I was able to update my fields. Simply a learn curve for me.

I did notice that I had to rebuild all my calculated fields and measures, luckily this was easy as I had them saved in an excel file just in case. Is there any way to add fields without needing to rebuild everything?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Terry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tbobolz,

Here is a similar thread which describe the same issue as yours, and there are some workarounds mentioned there. Could you go to check if it helps?Smiley Happy

Regards

Thank you for the help! After reading the link you suggested and learning a little more about managing the query properties and applied steps, I was able to update my fields. Simply a learn curve for me.

I did notice that I had to rebuild all my calculated fields and measures, luckily this was easy as I had them saved in an excel file just in case. Is there any way to add fields without needing to rebuild everything?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Terry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.