Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dheslin
Regular Visitor

Data Refresh Error - OLE DB or ODBC error (DataFormat.Error) 'Text' is an invalid XmlNodeType

Hello all,

First question for you experts out there. I refreshed my data this morning from an existing output file from an extraction process and came across this error. I assume its a format error but I cannot seem to find anything wrong with the file. I assume this relates to a specific line in the excel file but i can't see an issue... Any help on what this error could be pointing me to would be very much appreciated. Thanks. (image of error below)

dheslin_0-1631531413610.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for getting in touch. It turns out that the excel file that was created as an output of a query had corrupted. Once the file was replaced it worked just fine. Learnings here are to make sure the data sources are working. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dheslin 

What is your data source and which connector did you use to connect to it? Does this error occur in Power BI Desktop? Did you refresh the same data source successfully before or it's the first time you connected to this data source?

If this happens in Power BI Desktop, I suggest that you go to Home tab > Transform data to open Power Query Editor. Then in APPLIED STEPS pane, click steps one by one from top to bottom to find out from which step this error appears. 

If possible, can you share a screenshot of error message in Power Query Editor (after removing sensitive data)?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Thanks for getting in touch. It turns out that the excel file that was created as an output of a query had corrupted. Once the file was replaced it worked just fine. Learnings here are to make sure the data sources are working. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.