Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

taralouise123
Frequent Visitor

Data Points not showing on Power BI maps after checking category!

Hi, 

I am doing a training course on Power BI and I'm trying to do a map based on Country and Total Orders.

The map is showing, but there are no data points on the map. I have checked that the category is 'Country', the data modelling maps up in the correct way as I checked this to the training course, and I checked this on a matrix table, which is showing data for country and total orders.

I checked the DAX code for Total orders and it is correct. I have also checked the 'Complete' set of the data provided by the training course and this does not show data points either. I've tried the Filled Map too, but this does not work either.

I'm not sure what else could be the case.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
James-Harpin
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@taralouise123 if you change the data category from country to uncategorized

nothing's happened 😞 

Hi @taralouise123 

Can you convert the existing Map visual into a table visual to check whether it is able to display data points correctly? I attached a sample file with a map visual at bottom. Hope it would be helpful. 

vjingzhang_0-1658905221725.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

taralouise123_0-1658907532815.png

Hi,

I have tried this and the data shows up on the table but not on the map. I'm wondering whether its an issue with Bing Maps.

Thanks for your response. 

James-Harpin
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@taralouise123 if you could share your PBIX through googledrive so I can take a look

I think google drive is blocked on my work laptop. I'm not sure how to share it other than using pictures. 

James-Harpin
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @taralouise123 

Would you be able to share a screenshot of the fields you're using in the visualization pane and/or a copy of your PBIX file 

Sorry, Dashboard.pngdata view.pngrelationships.png

Sorry I'm not sure how to crop the first screen off, but the dashboard, data table and relationships are shown there. 

@taralouise123 

Try changing the cross filter direction to 'both' for the relationship between AW_Sales and AW_territories_lookup in the data modelling view

JamesHarpin_0-1658397627256.png

Okay, I tried this and there was still no change on the map. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.