Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adciudad
Helper II
Helper II

Data Origin

when I added a data source and selected fields and tables, and then I want to add one more field from that same source, how should I do?

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi adciudad,

What's your data source? Could you post some screenshots and clarify more details about you requirement?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

The subject is like this, I connect for example to the data source google analytics, I frame some fields and bring them to my report. But then I want to go back to that origin and mark more fields. I can not find how to do it.

Hi adciudad,

About how to connect to GA and achieve data table from GA, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-connect-to-google-analytics.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

The connection is not a problem. The problem is that when I connect to the data source, I select some fields and work in my report but I want to go to get more fields from the data source, I can not do it. that's the problem, it happens with several data origins.

Hi adciudad,

What does "more fields mean", could you give some example?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

I do one step by step to explain it better:

1_ i Connect to data origin google analytics

2_ Select a few fields

3_ Power bi generate a table

4_ I want to select more fields from the same google analytics source and add them to the previously generated table.
I can not do it, since every time I want to select more fields, I generate a new table.

news?

Anonymous
Not applicable

AFAIK, PBI doesnt allow you to select fields. You can only import the table and remove columns that you don't need. I am thinking this is how you imported the tables as well. Right click on the table that you have imported and click "EDIT QUERY". In the query editor, on the right side, you can undo some of the steps you had previously taken ( like remove the columns).

Anonymous
Not applicable

What source are you using?
If you are using flat files it should update automatically. Else try the Advanced Editor in the Power Query Editor.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.