Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Not Showing

I Have Two Data Tables. One table has Staff's Actual Service Provided Numbers & The Other has their Service Goal numbers (For 3 month. I have Connected them through Date & Staff ID Numbers. Even if they haven't done any service, it should populate their Goal numbers for all the months. If you see the Picture below you will see the Highlighted staff line, the staff has done service for Oct 5.50Hour so his Goal is showing 24. But because he has't done any service for November & December,  his Goals for these months are empty. It should show the goal 24 for Nov & Dec. But It's showing the Total 72.0 (24 for 3 months)

Goal Table.PNG

Please advice.

Thanks,

panda2018

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

To what I can understand you make the connection between your two table by the column date and not by a dimension table of dates correct?

When connecting tables directly trough fields that don't have a specific value on it (in this case your Actual service don't have data for November and December) if you use that column (without data) to fullfil your visuals although the totals are correct the individual values will be change due to context.

You should do a Date table and related both tables by that dimension table and use it on your visual, this will fullfill the blank spaces of dates and return blank for the actuals and the for the goal

Regards.

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

To what I can understand you make the connection between your two table by the column date and not by a dimension table of dates correct?

When connecting tables directly trough fields that don't have a specific value on it (in this case your Actual service don't have data for November and December) if you use that column (without data) to fullfil your visuals although the totals are correct the individual values will be change due to context.

You should do a Date table and related both tables by that dimension table and use it on your visual, this will fullfill the blank spaces of dates and return blank for the actuals and the for the goal

Regards.

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.