Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Not Showing Up

Hello everyone,

I am having a very weird problem.  I have condensed my data down to 7 records (each record has multiple lines of data). I can see all the records in the Query Editor, but when I go to the visualization page, 1 of the records will not show up. All of the records have the same type of information, as well as some "Null" cells - and all the rest have all shown up perfectly.  

I isolated the one record, and again, I can see it in the Query Editor, but when I open it in "Modeling" the table is blank.

I have tried: Correcting errors and enabling "Show items with no data" - nothing works.

Any ideas?

What Shows in Query EditorWhat Shows in Query EditorWhat Shows in ModelingWhat Shows in Modeling

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dale,

Hello, thank you for checking in. I tried removing and importing new datasets, and for some reason that fixed the problem.   I had tried refreshing and closing and opening the document, but neither of those worked, so I just re-imported the datasets and that fixed it.  It was weird, but it is working now.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
ChadStephens96

In Power Query Editor Right click on the query and select Enable Load > Import. Queries that do not load to the PowerBI model are italicised, and this will load them to the model changing to regular font as well. This happened for me copying the queries from excel to powerbi

ChadStephens96_0-1668797071257.png

ofarrera

Hi guys, I am running into a similar problem here. I tried to refresh my charts using Power Bi Desktop but when I tried I am gettting the following error plus no data is shown on the Data Query. I have tried all the things on this blog plus closing and reopening Power BI with no success. 

Here are the screen shots.  

Capture PowerBI1.JPGCapture PowerBI2.JPG

Hello,

I realize this is an old topic, but I am having a very similar issue and have been unable to figure it out.

Results from my query shows the following (only two records):

Query.PNG

The modeling data view shows only one record:

Model View.PNG

I have tried opening/closing, refreshing, creating a new query, disconnecting all relationships, and have assured there are no filters in the model. Does anyone know potential causes for this issue?

Thank you,

Jimmy

ashrachova
Advocate I
Advocate I

It can happen because someone has eliminated the refresh of this table from the general refresh. You can check/fix that by going to "Edit Queries", right clicking at the query and making sure the "Include in the report refresh" option is selected. 

aar0n
Advocate II
Advocate II

I just had this issue, and the quickest/easiest way was to make a new "Blank" Query,  then go to the old query, click on "Advanced Editor", copy everything, then go back to the Blank Query, click on Advanced Editor, and paste. finally, delete the old query and click apply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This worked for me 🙂

Glad to hear it! it was frustrating at first, and nothing else seemed to work for me. 

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Quite weird. How about refreshing? If refreshing can't solve it, could you please provide the file (pbix)? It's too hard to reproduce.

Another try: click the header of the columns.

Data Not Showing Up.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dale,

Hello, thank you for checking in. I tried removing and importing new datasets, and for some reason that fixed the problem.   I had tried refreshing and closing and opening the document, but neither of those worked, so I just re-imported the datasets and that fixed it.  It was weird, but it is working now.

This worked for me too - thank you!

I made copies of all data sources (including BigQuery tables) and connected to those and then changed it back to original sources and it worked. I'm working with a rather large model so I assume it's just too much for the file to handle or it's a caching issue (though I tried clearing the cache in Data Load options and it didn't work).

The data in the Database is perfectly all right but coming to the power bi report it was not showing up the data for some particular dates,  can anyone know this help me soon 

dtartaglia
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

I've seen that issue before. Seemed closing/reopening Power BI resoved it. I've seen weird issues like this when the data was being accessed over a VPN or my home network to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dtartaglia -  I was hopeful, but closing and opening the document didn't fix it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.