Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sudhavi_84
Helper V
Helper V

Data Modelling Relationship

Hi Experts,

I have a very basic data model question, and struggling for it.

I have a master data Table A which inludes all ID's , Regions and other details etc in it including duplicate ID's.

I have Table B which inlcludes ID in it too. I want to find the Table B Id's which are not in Table A..

What I did is I removed duplicates in Table A and added new query as Table C, and trying to give relationship between C and A but for some reason it is not allowing me to give relationship as it saying only Many to Many possible and it's not working too.

Please help can I design the data model. I have to compare Table A and Table B in both ways please.

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sudhavi_84
Helper V
Helper V

I tried this but not working 

Column = if(ISBLANK(LOOKUPVALUE(Table1[Records],Table1[Records],Table2[Received])),"No","Yes")

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sudhavi_84
Helper V
Helper V

I tried this but not working 

Column = if(ISBLANK(LOOKUPVALUE(Table1[Records],Table1[Records],Table2[Received])),"No","Yes")

It's working thanks for your help:-) all

Sudhavi_84
Helper V
Helper V

Thanks All for quick reply

So ammend will work?

Because simply, I want to update new column in Table A as which ID's are in Table A and Which are not, like Yes or No

Again in Table B, I want to add one more column like which are in Table A and which are not in Table A as Yes or No please

Can I acheive this with out relating each other and using columns isn't it? if using columns what logic i need to use please so that I can use same logic in Table B too

Anonymous
Not applicable

use many to many relationship between a and b and create new calculated column using related function

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sudhavi_84 ,

You can still build a relationship eventhough it is many to many. Unless you don't want to use many to many?

Anonymous
Not applicable

try merging tables as full join or building bridge table (which will containg non duplicate ids from both tables, you can use append in power query) and use one to many from bridge to both tables

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.