Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

biuser4
Frequent Visitor

Data Modelling Issue - CBSA Map

I have a data model that for the life of me will not do what I'm trying to get it to do - I have no problem doing this in Tableau and need in PBI for integration with 365 in the office.

My setup:

Employees -> joined to Office Location table on location id -> joined to a bridge table on CBSA Location code -> joined to an OES government data set with unemployment rates on CBSA Location Code.

My base map has lattitude and longitude (two separate fields) from the Office location table, count of employees from the employee table (using this as the marker size with no issue.) I'm trying to bring in average unemployment rate by CBSA code for each location - and all PBI will do is average the entire OES data table. I have transformed this table 3 different ways and I can't get it to work. I've tried measures, quick measures, dumbing down the data set, text/integer data type conversion, etc. 

Any thoughts - in any capacity - would be helpful. This is quite frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi - thank you for replying. I ended up stripping the table down to bare-bones and providing a primitive hard-coded 3 year trend data set that kind sufficed as a low level workaround. I'll Put it back together and provide the sample as I enviosion this becoming an issue again in the future - thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@biuser4,

Could you please share sample data of your table and post expected result here?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi - thank you for replying. I ended up stripping the table down to bare-bones and providing a primitive hard-coded 3 year trend data set that kind sufficed as a low level workaround. I'll Put it back together and provide the sample as I enviosion this becoming an issue again in the future - thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.