Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

astano05
Helper III
Helper III

Data Modeling Salesforce.com Data- Connecting ownership to multiple tables

I'm building a data model using Salesforce.com Objects. I'm bringing in all objects to distribute one general model to build reports on. 

Is there a best practice for connecting a table to multiple other tables? For example I have a User table with user data, and Account and Opportunity tables that both have an OwnerID that matches the User table's ID. I can connect to both tables, but an account and opportunity may have different owners, so bringing User Name from the User table with Account name and Opportunity name into a table will cause issues. I'm also trying to think of how I can build security by ownership.

Does anyone have experience with a situation like this and have best practices? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@astano05 . As long as the same table can play different roles single table should be used. If you need it for two roles at same time , then you should use two copies of same table

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@astano05 . As long as the same table can play different roles single table should be used. If you need it for two roles at same time , then you should use two copies of same table

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.