Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kmsc
Frequent Visitor

Data Model in case of possible groups in fact table

Hi,

I'm struggling with specific data structure and I will appreciate any advices regarding data model design in this kind of case.

The 'fact table' for me is a dataset with customer's agreements and prices for different products. It's tricky for me due to possible of "group of products" and "group of customers". Prices can be established for single / group or all customers / products. We could have agreement with base price for group of clients and group of products etc.

I have created similar example of this case in Power BI.

In result, I want to have possibility to filter customers / products (specific, not a group) and view details regarding agreed prices. I was trying to add dimension table with unique customers / products, but I'm not able to receive expected result.

It's more complicated, because unique product can be in different "groups of products" due to different market (combination of products&market should be unique).

I guess that dimension table with products / customers and markets is mandatory, but I'm not sure how relationships should look like. I was also thinking about merging tables Prices & Products to extend 1 row group_products - prices to multiple rows (all products and the same price for each).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PBIX file 

kmsc_0-1662927726612.png

3 REPLIES 3
kmsc
Frequent Visitor

Any ideas, thoughts? 🙂 Do I explained it in wrong way or should I provide any new details?

I would appreciate any reply. Thanks in advance.

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kmsc ,

First of all I am not able to open the test file you provided and can share it in a different way.

Also can you provide a screenshot of the expected result and describe it so that I can answer it for you as soon as possible. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. Let's try using my google drive:     File 

Regarding expected result:

kmsc_0-1662964466001.png

In result, I want to have possibility to view agreed prices for any chosen product / customer in selected market (even if product belongs to defined group of products, which has agreed price in "Prices" table). It would be very easy, but possibility to agreed price for defined group of customers / products making this case harder for me and I didn't find yet optimal and working as expected data model.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.