Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Model for Sales Data

Seeking some help to build financials in Power BI...Needing to report monthly financials for sale's by regions. Looking to transitions into new model for 2018. Couple of questions...

Should data model be put into query or table? If so, why would you recommend one over the other?

Any other foundational tips or tricks for building out the data model would be much appreciated.

Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

What is the query or table do you refer to? Do you mean DirectQuey mode and import mode? If so, I would recommend you go through the difference between DirectQuery and Import which is described in the following video, then make a decision for your model.

https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/MVP-Data-Platform/Diferences-between-Direct-Query-and-Import-in-Power-BI

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

What is the query or table do you refer to? Do you mean DirectQuey mode and import mode? If so, I would recommend you go through the difference between DirectQuery and Import which is described in the following video, then make a decision for your model.

https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/MVP-Data-Platform/Diferences-between-Direct-Query-and-Import-in-Power-BI

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eh that's a bummer, I don't think I will be able to use direct. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.