Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Missing when Convert Table Visual to Matrix Visual

Could anyone help on this? Thanks.

I have Table Visual as follows

Table.jpg

when I convert it a Matrix Visual shown as below, the highlighed row data are missing. I don't have any additional filters applied on the Matrix Visual.

Matrix.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Giotto.

When I move  [DeviceID] to matrix rows no data missing was observed. I some kind of found the problem cause.

I have defined a measure 

FeederSlicer = if(min(DeviceOperationsBy2Step[DeviceFeeder]) in values(FeederList[FeederID]) || min(DeviceOperationsBy2Step[DeviceAltFeeder]) in values(FeederList[FeederID]),1,0)

I used it to filter the table based on two columns [DeviceFeeder] and [DeviceAltFeeder]. This masure has been applied on both the Table Visual and Matrix Visual. However, for Matrix Visual, it seems this measure is not calculated like cell by cell.

I found one workaround is to have both DeviceID in Rows and Columns.

Not sure how to share the file. It is pretty big.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

According to your description, I create a table to test:

21.png

Choose a table visual:

22.png

Then, choose a matrix visual:

23.png

It shows the correct result.

So, for your problem, please move [DeviceID] to matrix rows to check whether it still lose the last row:

24.png

And please share your pbix file with me by OneDrive here and remember to remove sensitive data.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Giotto.

When I move  [DeviceID] to matrix rows no data missing was observed. I some kind of found the problem cause.

I have defined a measure 

FeederSlicer = if(min(DeviceOperationsBy2Step[DeviceFeeder]) in values(FeederList[FeederID]) || min(DeviceOperationsBy2Step[DeviceAltFeeder]) in values(FeederList[FeederID]),1,0)

I used it to filter the table based on two columns [DeviceFeeder] and [DeviceAltFeeder]. This masure has been applied on both the Table Visual and Matrix Visual. However, for Matrix Visual, it seems this measure is not calculated like cell by cell.

I found one workaround is to have both DeviceID in Rows and Columns.

Not sure how to share the file. It is pretty big.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.