Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Mapping

I have two tables in Analysis services. one is date table which has (Date, Month, Year, Year of Month)

01/01/2013 1 2013 20131

01/02/2013  1 2013 20131

01/03/2013 1 2013 20132 unil 2020 Dec

and ShipDates table which has Shipdays, Year of Month.

201801 ,20,

2018,22 until 202012

I need to calculate the YTD for ship dates by applying the filter on the Date table fields (Year, Month). I joined the ship dates table and the Date table. However, it's not working it. What is the best approach to join these two tables?

I need to calculate the Shipdates (YTD) like below.

Example when select silcer as Year :2019, Month 09 from date table

end result should be 201909- 191(Cumulative of the Months from shipdates).

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You should try datesytd and totalytd.  Typically when you select something from date table, it should become a filter to calculate ytd

Refer examples

Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))
Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)),"12/31"))

Last to last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,Year),"12/31"))

Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))
2 Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(sales,sales[date] <=maxx(date,date[date])))

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Amit. I was looking for mapping between two tables.

I have created a static table in the Database and pulled to analysis services, and then trying to calculate the YTD ship dates based on Year, Month selection from Date table. However, the cumulative or YTD is not working on Shipdays table for shipdays.

I have a table (ship days) like below

Year of Month(int), ShipDays(Int)

until

I am not sure what went wrong in this scenario? what is the best approach to join these two tables in calculating the ship days

Hi @Anonymous 

You might consider creating pbix file that will contain some sample data (remove the confidential info), upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link to the file. Please do not forget to describe the expected results based on this sample data.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.