Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Manipulation/Calculated Column Creation Help

Hello, I am perplexed by a problem on how to manipulate my data.  Essentially, I need to create a new column that determines if a customer account is active or inactive based on whether they have any active contracts or not. My raw data is presented like this:

Origin.jpg

I need to make the above table look like this:

Output.jpg

Once I am able to display the above, I can manipulate it to provide the appropriate counts, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Create 3 measures for this.

Status = IF([Active Contracts]>0, "Active","Inactive")

Active Contracts =  CALCULATE(COUNT('Status Column'[Contract Number]), FILTER('Status Column','Status Column'[Status]="Active"))

InActive Contracts = CALCULATE(COUNT('Status Column'[Contract Number]), FILTER('Status Column','Status Column'[Status]="Inactive"))

Status.PNG 

Hope this is clear.

Thanks
Raj

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can you please post the data in text format so that it can be copied?

Thanks
Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here you go:

Customer NumberContract NumberContract Status
1231000TRUE
1232000TRUE
4563000FALSE
4564000TRUE

TRUE

FALSE

FALSE

FALSE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Create 3 measures for this.

Status = IF([Active Contracts]>0, "Active","Inactive")

Active Contracts =  CALCULATE(COUNT('Status Column'[Contract Number]), FILTER('Status Column','Status Column'[Status]="Active"))

InActive Contracts = CALCULATE(COUNT('Status Column'[Contract Number]), FILTER('Status Column','Status Column'[Status]="Inactive"))

Status.PNG 

Hope this is clear.

Thanks
Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

should the 'Status Column' in your measures be the table name? ex: Active Contracts = CALCULATE(COUNT('Sheet1'[Contract Number]), FILTER('Sheet1','Sheet1'[Status]="Active")) 

When I use the table/column name conventions, I'm prompted with this dialogue box:

dialogue.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

nevermind, i converted the original column into a text type from True/False on the modeling tab.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.