Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Load in Desktop

Hi Community,

I've around 15 millions of records in Sql Server table (Data Source) and I'm using Power BI Desktop to import data.  I would like to import only new records. Instead of loading the refreshing the entire data everyday is there anything that i can load only current month data. I'm using Power BI Pro version.

Thanks,

Paruch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

There is something called incremental refresh which only updates changes or new data however this is only available to premium members. I would love this too.

The only way I have found around it is to have each week/month in a new table and then refresh only that table so it's much quicker. However, if you add a column you need to do it in all the table and not just one. It's very messy.

The only other way is to create a summary table first or cut out as much non-essential data while running the query editor.

I hope this helps, if it has please mark it as the solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

There is something called incremental refresh which only updates changes or new data however this is only available to premium members. I would love this too.

The only way I have found around it is to have each week/month in a new table and then refresh only that table so it's much quicker. However, if you add a column you need to do it in all the table and not just one. It's very messy.

The only other way is to create a summary table first or cut out as much non-essential data while running the query editor.

I hope this helps, if it has please mark it as the solution 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.