Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paruchuri447
Resolver I
Resolver I

Data Load in Desktop

Hi Community,

I've around 15 millions of records in Sql Server table (Data Source) and I'm using Power BI Desktop to import data.  I would like to import only new records. Instead of loading the refreshing the entire data everyday is there anything that i can load only current month data. I'm using Power BI Pro version.

Thanks,

Paruch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @paruchuri447 

There is something called incremental refresh which only updates changes or new data however this is only available to premium members. I would love this too.

The only way I have found around it is to have each week/month in a new table and then refresh only that table so it's much quicker. However, if you add a column you need to do it in all the table and not just one. It's very messy.

The only other way is to create a summary table first or cut out as much non-essential data while running the query editor.

I hope this helps, if it has please mark it as the solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @paruchuri447 

There is something called incremental refresh which only updates changes or new data however this is only available to premium members. I would love this too.

The only way I have found around it is to have each week/month in a new table and then refresh only that table so it's much quicker. However, if you add a column you need to do it in all the table and not just one. It's very messy.

The only other way is to create a summary table first or cut out as much non-essential data while running the query editor.

I hope this helps, if it has please mark it as the solution 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors