Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cyclist007
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Data Labels for Pie/Donut chart aesthetically

Any tips on improving data labels rendering for pie/donut charts (native visuals)? See below image

Its frustrating that even though there is ample of empty space around the donut the labels are being cut off (i tried reducing the font size ... does not help 😞 ... I have even started using legends which ideally I would like to show in data labels).

I dont like using Data labels inside (or on the donut) as then they overlap with the center KPI card which shows the total value (this should also have not needed a seperate KPI card) ... and yes want to avoid custom visuals

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @cyclist007 ,

Based on my test, it will display (...) when there is no space to display the value, as a workaround, we can enlarge the visual to display the full information. By the way, it will display the detailed information when the text size is small enough, but the smallest size is 8.

sVYiJTdnDV.gif

Best Regards,

Teige

This visual is a part of a dashboard so I cannot expand it much more. I am already trying to limit the number of decimal places, and I tried reducing the text sized but it still did not show full values. Would have liked the data labels to auto-size or place themselves such that the entire text is always visible - by auto-size i mean that limit the size of text to when it shows the entire value. There is lots of white space which is not weel utilized.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.