Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanSalter
Regular Visitor

Data Issue with Google Analytics connector

Hi all,

New here & to Power BI so bear with me if I've not posted this in the right place.

I an having an issue with the GA API. I'm trying to pull a very basic query bringing back Default Channel Grouping, Date, Hour Of Day, Sessions, Revenue & Transactions. 

If I pull the query without Hour Of Day I get the right result:

PowerBI 1.PNG

But if I add Hour Of Day it gives me a different and obviously nonsensical result where sessions are more or less right but the Revenue & Transactions are all over the place:

PowerBI 2.PNG

If I pull the same query in Tableau (also works fine in Domo & Excel) it should look like this:

PowerBI 3.PNG

As you can see, completely different.

My guess is this might be something to do with sampling, although that doesn't explain the way the numbers are distributed across the hours, or queryy size, although again I'm only pulling in a few days' worth of data.

Has anyone experienced something similar & can suggest a solution?

Thanks

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, even i'm facing the same issue, there is data loss, data manipulation is happening with this Power BI connector. but when i check with API endpoint the data is matching as what we have in website

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DanSalter,

Can you share the pbix file? You can only keep these data you showed here. Quite weird scenario.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It's a bit tricky to share the file as it is client's revenue data. I'll see what they say.

Hi @DanSalter,

You can create a dummy one that can keep the issue. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I might be being an idiot but I can't work out how to attach a workbook to these messages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.