Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nagaraj
Post Patron
Post Patron

Data Gateway turned off

Hello,

We have setup data gateway one month back and its running fine.

From last 4 days data refresh is getting failed with the below error

Issue :   "There is no available data gateway"

When i try to check, the data gateway is in OFF mode.

Hence tried switching it to ON mode, but once switch it ON mode below the APPLY button is not getting enabled as shown below.

Hence not able to switch ON the gateway.

1.jpg

Note: Gateway is running fine and all the datasources are available 

2.jpg

Can anyone please help how to resolve this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nagaraj , On your Gateway on the power Bi machine, please check that you have logged in properly. Else sign out and log in again. Make sure you are able to app.powerbi.com from that machine or the URL of your power bi app.

Signout, clear cache, and log in to Power Bi app again.

Hi @amitchandak 

Thanks for addressing the issue, tried the mentioned steps but no luck.

I have made a copy of the report and published again to check if there is any issue, i see that the copy report published has no issues for data refresh using the data gateway. I suspect the main report has some issues with the dataset as mentioned below

1. Couple of days back i have brought 2 new tables to the dataset from the existing sources (3 sources we have).

2. After the above changes when i published the report i see 5 data sources in total instead of 3 and 2 of the data sources are duplicated.

I suspect due to above change, there is a problem, but not sure . Any help on this line

Regards
Nagaraj

Hi @nagaraj ,

If you have Pro account I suggest you  try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.