Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Gateway Power BI

I have installed On-Premises data gateway on Windows server 2012, But it didnot create app "On-Premises data gateway" and everytime it asks for sign in to the gateway. Under manage gateways it shows me the gateway but "Not configured properly". Any idea how to make the gateway status online. When I go to gateway it shows me "online ready to go". 

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Please check is it supported on 2012. Also, have you signed in?

You are using the personal or standard gateway. I think both cases you need to sign in.

Refer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot

https://radacad.com/the-power-bi-gateway-all-you-need-to-know

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak

the below links doesnot support for my case.

the gateway shows me "online" on the admin center only under the "dataset" it shows me not configured correctly i am not sure if its due to datasource settings.

Hi  @Anonymous,

Please review the solutions in following threads and check if they can help you resolve your problem.

Power Bi gateway "not configured correctly"

Enterprise On-Premise Gateway - Not Configured Correctly

gateway "not configured correctly"

If the above threads can't resolve your problem, please provide the following information:

1. What's the data source of dataset? Single or multiple? 

2. Whether all of data sources be added in gateway data source list?

3. Which type of On-premises data gateway be installed? Personal mode or Standard mode?

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. What's the data source of dataset? Single or multiple?

Datasource: Mysql setup via ODBC, single datasource to be shared by others

2. Whether all of data sources be added in gateway data source list?

added only one datasource via ODBC

3. Which type of On-premises data gateway be installed? Personal mode or Standard mode?

Standard gateway installed on a VM

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you add the related MySQL data source in Gateways list(you can refer the below documentations)? And whether its connection is successfully? Could you please provide the related screen shots? Please update the version of gateway to the latest one. 

Manage your data source

On-Premesis Gateway cannot connect to MySQl source

BI online connection to MYSQL database

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.