Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Density in Table

Hello,

I have the following question related to data quality and data density. Is there anyway to build an Overview for data?
For example, I have a huge table with many columns, and I want to another table or even a graphic that showes me, like what is my datatype in the columns ,what is my max and min value in certain culomns that i choose from an exisiting table. any idea how to do such a thing, or even Power bi support such views and staticistics.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous i just found this which might help

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/01/19/the-table-schema-function-in-power-bim/

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

Check this post and use the Table.Schema(YourTable) formula to make a summary of you table, you can the also add the max and minimuns value os calculate the statistc you need to have the data for a summary, even a 

Any question please tell me

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

thnxx, with my low expreiance in Power Query Formula Language, i am not sure how to do it, but any guidlines might help me to do it .

@Anonymous i just found this which might help

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/01/19/the-table-schema-function-in-power-bim/

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous i think that is something you woudl have to prebuild

you can get data profiler tools to do this but i dont think power bi does this automatically, is something you would have to profile yourself and write the code for

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.