Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cbutler
Helper III
Helper III

Data Colors Advanced Controls missing from shape map

I have just downloaded the new update Version: 2.64.5285.741 64-bit (November 2018)

In the previous update it had the new data colours advance controls, this was available on the shape map (replacing the saturation bucket), after this latest update the saturation bucket has re-appeared and the advanced controls gone?

These advanced controls are still availbale on the other visuals but not on the shape map?!

Why has this reverted back? How can I get access to advanced data colours/conditional formatting on shape map again?

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have had a response from microsoft ........

"There were some issues that were shape map specific, so we had to pull back the changes for that specific visual. It shouldn't affect any of your saved reports, but you won't be able to use the conditional formatting dialog for that visual. We are looking into how to address the issues, but it will likely not re-release for shape map for awhile until the visual is generally available."

hopefully the feature will be back soon!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
czak
Frequent Visitor

Using the June 2019 update, I'm following the Microsoft Learn track (to see if I can recommend this to first-time users) to build your first power bi report and am unable to follow the instructions involving the filled map visual that is asking you to access the advanced controls and have a color based on a field.    Please update the Filled Map visual or update the Microsoft Learn track to utilize another visual in its place.  Thanks!

suwaidsy89

Same here ... its not available

Mohanraja

I am also facing an issue with the Shape maps, with me unable to find the option to add custome maps. Please provide a solution.

I have had a response from microsoft ........

"There were some issues that were shape map specific, so we had to pull back the changes for that specific visual. It shouldn't affect any of your saved reports, but you won't be able to use the conditional formatting dialog for that visual. We are looking into how to address the issues, but it will likely not re-release for shape map for awhile until the visual is generally available."

hopefully the feature will be back soon!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.