Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

Data Calculation

Hi Everyone, hope someone helps me with this.

I have few columns like

Date,

Currency,
SPVar,

SHVar,

Xvar,

X_LVar. All the variances are in percentages. 

So what I need is, I want to calculate 

(Number of days SPVar has crossed (+5% or -5%) for each currency)/(Total Number of days)--->in last two months.

The same for last 4 months.

For example: SPVar might be more than (+5% or -5%) in last two months = 12 days(For currency1)

Total number of days in last two months is = 60 days(assumption)

SPVar might be more than (+5% or -5%)in last two months = 8 days(For currency2)

Total number of days in last two months is = 60 days(assumption)

And I need to calulate this for SPVar, SHVar,XVar,X_LVar as rows.

So my table would have columns like

1.category(Which is SPVar,SHVar,XVar,X_LVar)

2.Currency

3.Last 2 Months

4.Last 4 Months

This is really an important work for me.

I have attached an image which shows the existing data for last 2 months. But I snipped it to only few rows.

image.PNG

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pxg08680,

Please share a dummy sample. For example, you can replace the currency code with "ABCD...". We need the data and its structure to write a DAX formula. You can upload it to a cloud drive and share the download link here.

Please mask the confidential parts.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@pxg08680 define last two months, last 60 days from exchange date, or if exchange date is in Jan 2018, last two months are Nov/Dec 2017?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k wrote:

@pxg08680 define last two months, last 60 days from exchange date, or if exchange date is in Jan 2018, last two months are Nov/Dec 2017?

***ExchangeRateDate > DATEADD(Month,-2,(select max(ExchangeRateDate)from [dbo].[vw_ConsumerFXVar])**

This is what I was using to validate my data back in SQL. The abouve where query gives me all the dates from Today to begining of Nov.

In the same way Last 4 Months would be from today to begining of September.

SPVar Crossed Limit in Last 2 Months = 
var dt = MAX(Sheet1[ExchangeRateDate]) - 1 
var lastNumberofDays = 2
return
  Calculate(CountRows(Sheet1), 
    Filter(ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1, Sheet1[CurrencyCode]),
            (Sheet1[SurfaceProvariance] >= 0.05 || Sheet1[SurfaceProvariance] <= -0.05)
    ),
  DATESINPERIOD(Sheet1[ExchangeRateDate], dt, -lastNumberofDays, month)

)

make highlighted changes and that will do it.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Is this a measure...??

Second thing is I need SPvar as a row not a column. Unpivoting could be used here.

Thanks Parry2k

yes it is a measure. what output you are looking for?

IMG-0124.JPG

yes, do it, add table visual, drop currency, exchange rate and two measures i gave you and should do what you are lookign for, not sure what i'm missing here.

SP Var % Crossed in Last 2 months = Divide([SPVar Crossed Limit in Last 2 Months], 60, 0)*** This can be used as a column not as a row.

But according to the image, 

SP

SH

X

XL are rows and

last 2 Months

last 4 Months are columns.

I'm still not sure, but you can create matrix visual and in format, values -> turn on "shown on rows"

curr2.PNGcurr1.PNG

here is the measure assuming last 60 days (excluding current date)

SPVar Crossed Limit in Last 2 Months = 
var dt = MAX(Sheet1[ExchangeRateDate]) - 1 
var lastNumberofDays = 60
return
  Calculate(CountRows(Sheet1), 
    Filter(ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1, Sheet1[CurrencyCode]),
            (Sheet1[SurfaceProvariance] >= 0.05 || Sheet1[SurfaceProvariance] <= -0.05)
    ),
  DATESINPERIOD(Sheet1[ExchangeRateDate], dt, -lastNumberofDays, day)

)

Another measure to get %

SP Var % Crossed in Last 2 months = Divide([SPVar Crossed Limit in Last 2 Months], 60, 0)

Drop table visual, add currency, exchange date and above two measures, take a look at the result. You can tweak it as you see fit.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you post some of your original data or a sample of it? But I would think that you would want to use something like:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee634539.aspx

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.