Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Between Custom Week Start and Week End Date

In my report i have created Week Start and Week End date and for my organization the Week Start Date is Monday and End Date is Sunday, This Table Represent count for each Custom WeeksThis Table Represent count for each Custom Weeks

in the table above we have only data until 3/24/2019, but the current date is 27 March 2019 i.e. Week Start Date =3/24/2019 and Week end Date=3/31/2019, since there are no count for this current week it's not showing on the table.

I am looking for way where i can show the Ticket Count CFY= 5 in a card in this week's report, this report is used every monday hence next week (3/24/2019 to 3/31/2019) the card should show data only for 3/24/2019 to 3/31/2019 even if the count is zero.

The above card data should show only last week (3/18/2019 to 3/24/2019) data even if i refresh the data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @Anonymous 

Just adjust the measure formula as below:

Measure3 = 
VAR __max = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Week End Date]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Week End Date]<TODAY()))
RETURN
SUMX(FILTER('Table',[Week End Date] = __max),[Count])

You could use Current Day instead of TODAY()

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Seems like you could grap the MAX of the "My WeekEndDate" column and then FILTER down to that row essentially. So, something like:

Measure = 
VAR __max = MAX([My WeekEndDate])
RETURN
SUMX(FILTER('Table',[My WeekEndDate] = __max),[Ticket Count CFY])

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank your for the response, Yes that makes sense when we don't have data for the Current week,Let me explain againIn the below example i have data for Week Ending 31 March as well and in this scenario if i run the report on 28th March 2019 i should see only data for 3/18/2019-3/24/2019 i.e. 5, the Data for 03/25/2019 to 03/31/2019 should only be reflected in the report when i run refresh the data on 04/01/2019.

Capture.PNG

hi, @Anonymous 

Just adjust the measure formula as below:

Measure3 = 
VAR __max = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Week End Date]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Week End Date]<TODAY()))
RETURN
SUMX(FILTER('Table',[Week End Date] = __max),[Count])

You could use Current Day instead of TODAY()

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.