Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Appending from different servers

I'm importing data from mysql database , from DEV,ITG,PROD environment and creating a single dashboard which will show data of  all the 3 environment. All the tables and columnns in each environment are same but the data is different.

How can I differentiate the data is from a particular environment and how to append the data of all 3 environments.

Example:

DEV environment

DB_IDDB_NAMEOWNER
1xyzAman
2ghjaman

ITG environment

DB_IDDB_NAMEOWNER
1xyzAman
3asdaman

Combined data

DB_IDDB_NAMEOWNEREnvironment Type
1xyzAmanDEV
2ghjamanDEV
1xyzAmanITG
3asdamanITG

How to achive the combined data table in power bi(appending two environment data and a column of type)

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'd like to suggest you setting advanced t-SQL to add a custom column to store the source table name before you merge these tables, then you can simply combine these table records.

let
    Source = MySQL.Database("server1","table1",[Query="xxxxxx"]),
    Source2 =MySQL.Database("server2","table1",[Query="xxxxxx"]),
    Result= Table.Combine({Source,Source2})
in
    Result

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way other than combine/append as there are many tables and each time if I combine/append the tables the performance is poor and replication of data is more.

HI @Anonymous ,

You can try to do merge operation on the local file(e.g. put load data and merge data steps into excel worksheet), then you can use power bi to get the merged file, it should have better performance to loading data.  (merge operations on the huge amount of file will spend lots of resources and cause the performance issue)

I haven't found methods/options to effectively increase the performance of the query table who contains large amount of records and heavy calculation.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.