Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Alerts for Power BI Reports in Power BI Services

Hello,

I have developed a report on Power BI Desktop and published it in the premium capacity workspace. Now, I want that if any user/customer that is in my customer list of that reports falls under 25% growth as compared to the prior period then they get an email notification regarding the same. All DAX measures are already done and displayed in the report. Only the Alert part is left so that we can track each and every customer better.

My dataset is refreshing daily and it is fetching data via Direct Query. Is there a way to send alerts like that in Power BI Services?

I know that we can set data alerts on KPICards/Guage and all. But, my requirement is getting alerts in a report via email, so that once they click on the link in the email, that particular report page is opened.

Thanks
Shubs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Currently, the report page doesn't have alert settings, I'm afraid you need to pin visual to dashboard and then set data alerts in the tiles. However, you can also submit your idea here to help power bi improve.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Currently, the report page doesn't have alert settings, I'm afraid you need to pin visual to dashboard and then set data alerts in the tiles. However, you can also submit your idea here to help power bi improve.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.