Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joshua-Case
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard with 2 shared datasets

Greetings,

I have 2 data sets that were shared to me (I am not the owner).  I want to be able to create a dashboard report with both data sets but once I add one the "Get Data" goes gray for all choices except for "Power BI Templates".  Is there a way around this?  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@Joshua-Case,

If you enable the Preview feature below, you'll be able to add a second data source.

DataInsights_0-1674516356250.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

I found the answer.  I just needed to create a relationship between the data sets via the modeling tab of the dashboard and I linked my search parameter to the matching parameter in the second data set.  Now when I search by Invoice # it pulls data related to the same INV # for the second data set that contains additional information relevant to the invoice.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Joshua-Case
Frequent Visitor

So this 100% solved my problem so thank you!

Follow up Question @DataInsights now that I have my 2 data sources in the same dashboard can I make my text filter apply its filter to visualizations from the second data set?  For example, I want to search by Invoice # from Query 1 and apply the text filter to a table report with fields from Query 2. Is this possible?  

I found the answer.  I just needed to create a relationship between the data sets via the modeling tab of the dashboard and I linked my search parameter to the matching parameter in the second data set.  Now when I search by Invoice # it pulls data related to the same INV # for the second data set that contains additional information relevant to the invoice.  

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@Joshua-Case,

If you enable the Preview feature below, you'll be able to add a second data source.

DataInsights_0-1674516356250.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.