Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Dashboard vs. Report View - Looking for Suggestions or Best Practice

In my current implementation, I typically "Pin Live Page" and offer our users a dashboard from which they can navigate to the "Report View".  Mind you the user understanding how to navigate from Dashboard to Report View is not that intuitive at first.

I am increasingly see the our users would benefit more by entering Power BI in the "Report View", allowing them to more quickly export (when needed).   And not having to do double the slicing once they enter "Report View".

I would appreciate some feedback on a better way to use PowerBI allowing the users to operate in the Report View, where they can see all of their tabs, etc.

Thanks for your feedback!

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@irnm8dn

It seems that you want to achieve the requirement that let users directly use report view instead of navigating to report view from dashboard, right? If that is the case, you can use one of the following options.

1. Create an app workspace in Power BI Service, upload power bi report in this workspace, and add uses as members of this workspace.

2. Directly distribute the report to your users with Power BI apps, for more details, please review this blog: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/distribute-to-large-audiences-with-power-bi-apps/ .

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.