Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rjs2
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dashboard that has function like reports

I would like to make custom dashboards for employees.  I have written many reports to help with daily work flows for teams, but I would like to design dashboards with those reports filtered for the employe and enteract with them like in reports.  For example, I would like to filter a matrix table and have it expandable and collaps like it does in a report.

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @rjs2 

Currently, in Power BI service, you can only pin entire report page which contains slicer to your dashboard by selecting Pin Live Page in the top navigation bar. This way, you can use the slicer to filter the chart within the tile. For more details, please check the following blog.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-weekly-service-update-1210/

And Power BI slicers have the following limitations:

• Slicers do not support input fields.
  • Slicers cannot be pinned to a dashboard.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you pin a visual to a dashboard it will remember the filters you applied. So you can filter your report for user A and pin the visual to Dashboard A, filter for B and pin to dashboard B etc.

That will suit your need but you can't tell that user A can see only dashboard A etc. etc.

Also most of the visuals in dashboard retain basic functions, do not filter other visuals when clicking.

So in other words think about using Bookmarks rather than dashboards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.