Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Whoule
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard representation through line chart

Hi,

I am having trouble figuring this one out. We have a dashboard that we normally update twice a month. I am trying to show, through a line chart, the progress we make on the outstanding volume of transaction we need to process. My problem is that for each month, the values are summarized therefore, at the end of the month, the result on the chart is the combination of the outstanding volume at the 15th and the 30th. I only what the chart to take in account the last value entered for the month.

Example: 

DateOutstanding ItemsResults on dashboard
September 15 2021500500 (which is the correct value of outstanding item at the time)
September 30 20216001100 (which is not the correct value we want to represent at the end of the month) We would like to show that the outstanding volume at the end of september is 600)

Thank you very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Whoule ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create calculated column.

Month = MONTH('Table'[date])

vyangliumsft_0-1632211447743.png

2. Create measure.

Measure =
CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Month]=MAX('Table'[Month])&&'Table'[date] = MAXX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Month]=MAX('Table'[Month])&&'Table'[date]=MAX('Table'[date])),[date])))

3. Result:

vyangliumsft_1-1632211447746.png

Does this match your expected result

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Whoule ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create calculated column.

Month = MONTH('Table'[date])

vyangliumsft_0-1632211447743.png

2. Create measure.

Measure =
CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Month]=MAX('Table'[Month])&&'Table'[date] = MAXX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Month]=MAX('Table'[Month])&&'Table'[date]=MAX('Table'[date])),[date])))

3. Result:

vyangliumsft_1-1632211447746.png

Does this match your expected result

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Whoule It sounds like Lookup Min/Max: Lookup Min/Max - Microsoft Power BI Community

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler Thank you. Could you help identifying what term to put where in your measure formula?
Here is a picture of what the data looks like.

Whoule_1-1631888070213.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.