Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mavs001

Dashboard drill filter in Sharepoint to another power bi dashboard in sharepoint

I have published my power bi dashboard into a Sharepoint. The name of this dashboard is "Example1" one of my tables contain a variable call "drillpowerbionline", the function of "drillpowerbionline" is that when i clic it it sent me to the dashboard name "Example2" with the filters that it contains( see *1).

How should it be the instruction so i could see the dashboard of "Example 2" in Sharepoint withe the previous filters that where sent by the variable "drillpowerbionline". The instruction in the variable "DrillSharepoint" (*2) could be " link of sharepint + the dashboard with the filters" ? How do i put it ? It could be another solution?

*1= DrillPowerBiOnline = " https://app.powerbi.com/groups/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/reports/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ReportSection?filter=BD/Process eq '"&BD[Process]&"''"

*2= DrillSharepoint= ??????????

Thanks!!!

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mavs001,

I can only publish a report into a Sharepoint site. Did you mean this? 

If we use the URL of the Power BI report, the report will be opened in the Power BI when we click it. According to my test, I published report "Example2" into a Sharepoint page first, then I used the URL of that Sharepoint page directly in other pages. It works fine. How about this solution, or call it workaround?

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the answer but: 

I already publish in Sharepoint the dashboard Example 1, the problem is that in sharepoint when i clic into the value(Link) it go to the Dashboard Example 2 in Power BI with the filters that i add  previously in the variable "drillpowerbionline".

The question is how could i add a instruction into the variable "drillpowerbionline" with the functionality that goes into the Dashboard Example 2 inside Sharepoint but with the filters set in the variable of "drillpowerbionline"

Hope you can help me. 

Best Regards! 

Mavs

@mavs001,

Hi Mavs,

Maybe I get your whole idea now. 

1. The value of DrillPowerBIOnline is an URL of Power BI. So it definitely goes to Power BI Service. 

>>>*1= DrillPowerBiOnline = " https://app.powerbi.com/groups/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/reports/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ReportSection?filter=BD/Process eq '"&BD[Process]&"''"

2. This whole name of this feature is "Embed in Share Point Online (Preview)". It works like this: When we open the Share Point page, it gets the report of Power BI with the embedded URL. So I think we should embed the Example 2 in the SharePoint first. Then the values of DrillPowerBIOnline would be the URLs of SharePoint. I have no idea about filtering the URL of SharePoint. You can get help here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/.

The workaround could be embedding every filtered report in SharePoint, then use the URL of SharePoint.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale, 

The workaround is one of my solution but i think it is not very effective because the process is manual i want something more automatic but thanks for the follow up.

Best regards, 

Mavs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.