Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

t-sapant
Employee
Employee

Dashboard Capabilities

Hey ,

I’ve been working on reports using PowerBI for over a month now and it is astounding how quickly and conveniently PowerBI enables us to create rich and intuitive reports. The drill down features and cross filtering are quite impressive!

I was facing some issues in customizing the dashboard though. I would deeply appreciate your help in implementing the following:

1. Filters on Dashboard: My reports have common filters. Is there a way to get Filters on dashboard, for cross report filtering?
  2. UI changes on Dashboard: I was able to successfully pin elements from my reports to a dashboard. However, they seem to lose their formatting: Color, style size. Is there a way to retain it?
  3. Cross page filtering: The length of the page seems to be constant. However, I see we can add more pages to a report. Is there a way by which I could filter across the pages or increase size of a page, so that I can create a BIG report, all the elements having the capability to be filtered using a slicer element.
  4. Is there a way to create a hyperlink on a report? (I know we can do that on a dashboard, can’t seem to figure out a way to do that on a report)

Please note that whenever I say filter, I want to use the Slicer Element, not the report or page level filters that we have.

Thank You!

Saurabh

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @t-sapant,

1.Filters on Dashboard: My reports have common filters. Is there a way to get Filters on dashboard, for cross report filtering?

Power BI team are working through the global filters on dashboard. You can comment on this idea: Global filter in dashboards.

2.UI changes on Dashboard: I was able to successfully pin elements from my reports to a dashboard. However, they seem to lose their formatting: Color, style size. Is there a way to retain it?

Currently, when we pin separate visual to dashboard, color, font and etc will not retain. To workaround the issue, we can use "Pin Live Page" feature. Also you can vote on this idea item: Custom pin tiles should display the custom background and font changes as well.

q2.PNG

3.Cross page filtering: The length of the page seems to be constant. However, I see we can add more pages to a report. Is there a way by which I could filter across the pages or increase size of a page, so that I can create a BIG report, all the elements having the capability to be filtered using a slicer element.

Currently, we are not able to use slicers to filter all report pages. The workaround is using Report Level Filters, it's also available in Power BI Service. If you have added a field in Report Level Filters, when you access the report, you can see Report Level Filters is available for us to check prefer value.

q3.PNG

Besides, each page size is fixed and we are not able to change page size now. You can vote on this idea: Make report page scrollable not fixed size.

4.Is there a way to create a hyperlink on a report? (I know we can do that on a dashboard, can’t seem to figure out a way to do that on a report)

Of course, we can add hyperlink on a report. In Power BI Desktop, we need to change hyperlinks to Web URL category, then it can display as hyperlinks in a table or matrix. See: Hyperlinks in tables.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

I am responding on my phone while on the train. Will try my best to answer some questions.

Q1. I'm not sure if it's available yet. PowerBI did indicate they were working on Dashboard filters.

Q2. This used to be a problem. I thought PowerBI fixed this in its recent release. Best to logde a service request with them.

Q3. It is called 'Report Filter'. It is where you apply visual filters and page filters. You will notice a Report Filter. This is the only way users will be able to apply a whole report filter.
4. Yes, you can create a hyperlink. There is a hyperlink button.

Are you using PowerBi Desktop ? If you are only using the online version, then that is probably why you have had these issues.

Regards
DJ

Hi DJ,

Thank You for your response. Will the report level filter be visible to the user when he access my report online? Also, Thank You for the suggestion. 🙂

Saurabh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.