Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dppaulick

Dashboard Alerts not working every day

Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with my dashboard alerts. I set up to receive alerts daily every 24hours but the alert only triggers once a while even though the condition meets the set threshold every time the datasets refresh. The alerts trigger sometimes once a week, twice a week or sometimes not at all. The datasets refresh daily with no issues. It is expected that the alerts trigger daily because the condition set meets the threshold at all times. 

I will appreciate any help, contributions and comments on this.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @dppaulick 

For alerts in power bi, you should know that 

Alerts only work on refreshed data. When data refreshes, Power BI looks to see if an alert is set for that data. If the data has reached an alert threshold, Power BI triggers an alert.

Receiving alerts

When the tracked data reaches one of the thresholds you've set, several things happen. First, Power BI checks to see if it's been more than an hour or more than 24 hours (depending on the option you selected) since the last alert. If the data is past the threshold, you'll get an alert.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-set-data-alerts

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @dppaulick 

For alerts in power bi, you should know that 

Alerts only work on refreshed data. When data refreshes, Power BI looks to see if an alert is set for that data. If the data has reached an alert threshold, Power BI triggers an alert.

Receiving alerts

When the tracked data reaches one of the thresholds you've set, several things happen. First, Power BI checks to see if it's been more than an hour or more than 24 hours (depending on the option you selected) since the last alert. If the data is past the threshold, you'll get an alert.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-set-data-alerts

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.