Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Daily report - Display yesterday's data, but enable dynamic date filter

Hello,

I'm designing a daily report displaying data from yesterday. I had this solved by applying a relative date filter in the page level.

Now I would like to give users the possibility to look at former days (individually, meaning just 1 day data) in the same report. In my head, adding a calendar slicer (by the way I couldn't find any for just 1 date, all of the work in ranges) that alters the page level filter will be great, but I couldn't find the way...

Another possibility will be to have a date slicer / picker where you can set 'yesterday' as default, but neither I've found a visual capable of this.

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this? Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Nithyakala
Frequent Visitor

For me also have same requirement ? any body have an idea for this?

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What I would like to have is data displayed for yesterday (that it's not necessary the last day, there could be data "in the future") by default, when the report is opened, and a slicer / calendar that allows me to go back to a certain day to see the data.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @Anonymous,

I'm still unclear your request. Can you give me your example by picture, or something like pbix file please?

I need to know more about your slicer/trend/ table data,...

Regards,

ManNVSM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Due to the nature of the data I'm not allowed to share screenshots or pbix files, but I'm attaching a very basic "blueprint".DOps_blueprint.png

When you open the report, by default is should display yesterday's date (and data). Using a calendar / slicer, give the user the opportunity to change the date, overriding the default date.

I hope this clarifies my request. Thanks for your help.

Hey,

Just try it ...
Last 1 day means yesterday

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BeemsC,

No, it doesn't mean yesterday in this case... Last 1 day for a slicer equals to last day with data -1.

If you use report / page / visual filtering using date, you can set "is in the last 1 days" and deativate "Include Today" to have yesterday's, but not in the slicer.

In my case some data is carried over automatically, I've got data until tomorrow 24th November, so date displayed if I try "Last 1 day" is 23th November.

I have dates till the end of 2020 and it does the same for me.
What happens if you do last 2 days?
Maybe try with when you have further ahead dates to be sure

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BeemsC,

It's not always -2 days or there's too much data "in the future" so the filter I'm looking after should be more like Today()-1 rather than relative days using the last date.

Anyway, I have the "yesterday's date" sorted out using a page level filter, but I'm missing a slicer / calendar that could override this filter using user's input.

It looks it's more complicated than I initially expected and it's quite frustrating seeing that other apps like SAS Visual Analytics or Tableau having these features... Unfortunatelly the customer wants Power BI.

Like i said, i tried it myself with dates till 2020.
And -2 on the relative date filter gives me yesterday. But nvm

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe we both are talking about the Date Slicer, no the page / report filters, right?

In my case, using -2 days in the Date Slicer gives me "wrong" data. I've got operations that should sum a total of 24 hours and I'm seeing 32, 41, 25...

Also, it doesn't solve the main issue here, that is having a "calendar" that will enable users to pick any other day.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @Anonymous,

You can try Relative Date Slicer.

image.png

Or tell more about your needs, include a sample picture result that you want.

Regards,

ManNVSM.

BeemsC
Resolver III
Resolver III

Im pretty sure the slicer supports relative date filtering.
Try to look for it in the drop down after adding your data

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.