Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Newbie_77
Frequent Visitor

Daily Variances from 2 different sheets

Help...

I receive daily excel outputs from a db containing customer order details. The daily excel sheet contains a snapshot of the remaining product value to be shipped to each customer but doesn't identify the change.  I want to represent this within power bi, showing the start figure on day 1, the figure on day 2 and the variance.  Because I receive the data in a separate table each day, I want to somehow combine and detail the differences.  Example below shows the start values to ship on day,  then the current value on day (on a different sheet/table), showing that we shipped 3000 of product 1, nothing for product 2, and 500 for product 3.  I want to represent this in a table/matrix in BI, the customer, day1 value, day2 value, variation change.

Day1 (on one spreadsheet)

Customer             Product 1     Product 2     Product 3

Abc customer      5000              1000             1000

Day 2  (on different sheet with identical columns)

Customer             Product 1      Product 2     Product 3

Abc customer      2000              1000             500

Output Required

Customer            Day 1 Product 1       Day 2 Product 1      Variance Product 1     Day 1 Product 2      Day 2 Product 2   Variance Prod 2 Abc customer      5000                          2000                          -3000                            1000                          1000                       0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Newbie_77,

Please check DAX in the following PBIX file.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1NolAXCyPZUtbjmF1im

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Newbie_77,

Please check DAX in the following PBIX file.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1NolAXCyPZUtbjmF1im

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Absolute genius, many thanks. I haven't had time to plumb in my data, so far this looks like it will work.

I have another similar requirement,  just need clarification from the user, I may come calling for help again !!

Can't thank you enough for this solution.

Many thanks,

Phil.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.