Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Daily Revenue between Start and End Dates

Hello, 

I have something that should be fairly simple yet is proving more difficult todo in Power BI then I thought at first.

I have a simple table with the following fields:

StartDate

EndDate

DailyRevenue

Product

Territory

I've been able to create a line graph in Excel by creating a row for each date between the MinofStart and MaxofEnd dates with a VBA formula. I then summed the daily revenue by date with the following formula =SUMIFS(Final[DailyRevenue], Final[StartDate], "<="&[@[Dates:]], Final[EndDate], ">="&[@[Dates:]])

This I can then put into a simple pivot chart and using grouping drill down years, quarters, days.. ect.. 

How do I replicate this in PowerBI? I've tried a few options with a date table but can't get it to look right. I also tried to expand each line of each contract for each date but this failed as well due to too much data.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Try this formula

column=CALCULATE(SUM(Final[DailyRevenue]),
FILTER(ALL(Final),Final[StartDate]<=@[Dates:]&&Final[EndDate]>=@[Dates:]

Best Regards

Maggie 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Maggie:

I got the following error.

The 'Dates:' parameter could not be resolved because it was referenced in an inner subexpression.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi @Anonymous

for "@[Date:]", i think @ is a table name and [Date:] is a column, so i use it in the formula in this way.

Is my understanding not correct? 

Could you share a screenshot about how these columns are to help me know exactly about your scenario?

Best Regards

maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.