cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spanj7

Daily Revenue Bar or Line Graph

Hi All, 

I am trying to recreate the below chart in Power BI. I thought it would be straight forward but I can't seem to figure it out. 

spanj7_0-1637187413093.png

I have tried several different ways (separate date and revenue data tables, putting them in the same table) but the result is always the below. If I try to filter for Oct and Nov (as shown below), it shows me the total revenue for Oct 1 and Nov 1 in the 1st bar rather than a timeline at the bottom. 

spanj7_1-1637187594785.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

In the X axis you need either column of type date (so 2021-10-01, 2021-11-01, etc.) or 2 columns for month & day, with the visual drilled down to the lowest level. Otherwise it treats day = 1 as a single datapoint, regardless of the month
Another thing is that in your reference chart the values seem to be cumulative, while in the barchart they're individual data points. You can right click on the measure and use 'New quick measure' functionality:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-quick-measures

Alternatively you can add sample tables (in format that can be copied to PowerBI) from your model with anonymised data (lke below) and we can write the running total manually.

Column1Column2
A1
B2.5

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
September Update

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the September 2022 updates!

Power BI Show episode 9

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 26

New Date - Check it Out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, October 6 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Top Solution Authors