Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cuohanele
Helper I
Helper I

DYNAMIC Y AXIS

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to dynamically change the Y axis of one visual based on another visual. I have two bar charts with different values but I want for the y axis of the chart on the left to change based on the axis on the right chart. Please advise

Screenshot (36).png

4 REPLIES 4
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You can't tie the axes max values together, but you could write a measure to be used in the first visual that shows you a percent of the max value shown in the 2nd one (or some other dynamic calculation to relate them) to get a similar effect.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

How can I go about this? Any example? I think that might work

Hi @cuohanele,

Normally power bi uses highlight effect to the interaction between charts, you cna turn on the 'edit interaction' and change the visual interaction mode to filter instead of highlight, then these corresponding visual graphs will be filtered by your action on the current visual.

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report 

If you are trying to design visuals that dynamical changes axis and category based on filters, you can also take a look at the following blog about dynamic attribute filters:

Dynamic Attributes In A Power BI Report 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cuohanele , You set interaction to filter(Cross filter). Click on one of the bar then set it Filter.

There is no control. This will make y-axis to adjust.

refer step : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Interactions.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.