Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

k3rz0rg
Advocate III
Advocate III

DRLS with some visuals with all data!

Hi everyone,

as I was working with DRLS recently, I came across a situation where I may need to show a global/grand/all total to everyone while DRLS is active. I already have DRLS active and it's filtering the data good, for example, USA people can only see sales total count in USA through card visual, Germany people can only see German sales total through that Card visual.

Now I want to show both parties the total/global/all count of employees irrespective of DRLS/region (region is the DRLS filter I set). Is it possible and if so, could you please show me/ refer the procedure?

Right now, due to RLS, USA people can see USA total employee count and same for the Germany.

Thanks,

K3.

2 REPLIES 2
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@k3rz0rg Measure can't override RLS because, as far as the measure knows, the rows of data that are filtered out don't even exist.  You would need to put the total amount you want to show everyone in a seperate table and adjust your count measure to pull from that total table when diaplaying the total row.  It will be something like:

Count =
IF (
    ISINSCOPE ( 'YourTable'[Region] ),
    [Emlployee Count Measure],
    SUM ( 'Total Table'[Employee Count] )
)

I also thought so, thinking I am doing dataset level restriction by users with DRLS, not visual or report level restrictions, your statement solidifies that and I can explain more to my big guys why's not possible this way! Let me try your way, creating another table and have it bypassed the DRLS and see if that worked! I'll keep you posted! 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.