Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MYDATASTORY
Resolver I
Resolver I

DQX |How can I make cell data automatically down as in Excel to align with other column values

Hi

I have data in Excel and I am trying to use DAX or any easier way to mapulate data in Excel 

How can I make cell data automatically shift down  when adding space so I can match column D and column B values. The main column is Column D and I need to align the column on where I find the matching value on left side which can be from column A&B

Process:

Match column D with Column B by inserting blank cell so it will align  with column B

In Excel I will do insert and the shift cell down so it matches with column B or any column on the left  provided I can find that number I am looking from Column C, I will then just need to align this. I want to automate this.

Thanks in advance

I have column A , B and C 

Column AColumn BColumn CColumn D
NumberID1ProductID2
910sugar9
89salt8
99cooking oil7
3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MYDATASTORY ,

Would you please show us the expected output based on your sample data? I can't understand what's your need based on your description.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @MYDATASTORY 

You probably don't need a DAX and VLOOKUP would be an easier option.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MYDATASTORY , matching number or alignment? can you please give example, what you want to match with what value?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.