Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LadyLizzy
Frequent Visitor

DIVIDE each row with the SUM of column according to applied filters

Hi!

revmix pic.PNG

I am trying to make a calculation for each row of a matrix against the sum of a column according to filtered data from a slicer. I have succeeded with a global calculation with the totals of all the organizations but it is not updating  according to the slicer but my function seems to always take the total sum of all the product revenues and disregards the filter from the slicer which is supposed to be filtering the products.

This is the global one that seems to be working: 

A RevMix Global = DIVIDE('Products A'[Revenue], SUM('Products A'[Revenue]))*100

Now I want to do the same but with the SUM of the filtered product revenues. How do I do this?

Kindest regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AH! I had pasted it into my calculated column (the global calculation is a column) so I tried it as a measure and it looks better but was calculating according to the category it is in.

BUT! I tried with removing the 'Products A' in the ALLSELECTED and now it works!! 😄

So the updated measure is:

A RevMix Selected % = DIVIDE(SUM('Products A'[Revenue]), CALCULATE(SUM('Products A'[Revenue]), ALLSELECTED()))*100

Thank you so much for your assistance! 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Check my Slouction 

Create 2 Measures
1st : Total Sales = CALCULATE(Sum('Sheet1 (3)'[Sales]),All())

2nd : Sales % = (Sum('Sheet1 (3)'[Sales])/[Total Sales])*100divide values using the total of a column.png

A RevMix Selected % = CALCULATE(SUM('Products A'[Revenue]),ALLSELECTED(Table[Dimencion or Column 1 ]))/
CALCULATE('Products A'[Revenue]), ALL(Table)) *100

pfa Test result Result.JPG

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@LadyLizzy update your measure as below

A RevMix Global = 
DIVIDE(
SUM('Products A'[Revenue]),
CALCULATE(SUM('Products A'[Revenue]), ALLSELECTED('Products A'))
)*100

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you for swift reply!

I tried your update but it doesn't give the right calculations:

remix 2.PNG

The slicer is based on another table for organizers but they have a relationship. Could that be something to go on?

@LadyLizzy that might be the issue, can you share the relationship between tables.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

It's a bit sensitive data, is it enough to see this one?

relationship.PNG

The Organizers.Name value is the slicer

@LadyLizzy can you share what measure you added? It suppose to be working as expected.

AH! I had pasted it into my calculated column (the global calculation is a column) so I tried it as a measure and it looks better but was calculating according to the category it is in.

BUT! I tried with removing the 'Products A' in the ALLSELECTED and now it works!! 😄

So the updated measure is:

A RevMix Selected % = DIVIDE(SUM('Products A'[Revenue]), CALCULATE(SUM('Products A'[Revenue]), ALLSELECTED()))*100

Thank you so much for your assistance! 

Thank you very much ❤️

This was really helpful for me.

Now my financial report looks quite good 🙂

@LadyLizzy glad you figured out, sorry I missed to point out to add as a measure instead of column. Cheers!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.