Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FatherTheWizard
Resolver I
Resolver I

DIM organization in use for differently grouped data

Hi,

I have an organization structure that has 4 levels (1 level is top, 4 bottom). My basic fact data (let's say invoicing and hours) comes in a way that the per row grouping is done on the 4th level (i.e. no grouping at all). However, I have another "external" set of data (let's say amount of products) which is forced to come in a way that the data is grouped on the 3rd level.

What would be the best solution if I would like to have a basic data table that contains these two datasets and have a measure hours/amount of products and I could have Dim org as a working row field? Should I create another dim table for organization for 1-3 levels so the unique values would be on 3rd level and do some magic with connections in model? Or should I create grouped fact tables to level 3 in order to tackle this? Or something else?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could create a table for each level, and provide each level with an ID code.  Next link each table to its level above.  You could then simply link your products to the approriate table via its ID and handle all of this through the Table Relationships.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could create a table for each level, and provide each level with an ID code.  Next link each table to its level above.  You could then simply link your products to the approriate table via its ID and handle all of this through the Table Relationships.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.