Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX

I have a Production table, DimDate table. I needed to display weekly sum which I was able to do using SUMMARIZE function. Output of SUMMARIZE function is in 'TableS' with 2 columns WeekNo, SumP.  Now after creating relationships between these 3 tables, when I display the data, it is coming as :

Day   WeekNo.     SumP

1            1           129871

2            1           129871

3            1           129871

4            1           129871

5            1           129871

6            1           129871

7            1           129871

I want to display the figures in SumP column only when Day ==7(The Day information is in DimDate table). Please suggest how to do it.

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous i don't think you need to create summarize table, you can achieve everything using production and dimdate table. just share sample production data and expected output and will get you the solution.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

Similarly data will be for different weeks and sum needs to be done for every week but will be shown only on Saturday in SumP column which we can get by Day column after checking value equal to 7.

@Anonymous  can you put it in a more readable format? 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah updated picture of data.

@Anonymous just to confirm, is this what you are looking for? I Just did two weeks

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes correct. You got it what I am trying to do.

@Anonymous  add following as a measure

SumP = 
SUMX( 'DimDate',
IF( 'DimDate'[Day] = 7,
CALCULATE(
SUM( Table1[Production] ) ,
ALLEXCEPT( 'DimDate', 'DimDate'[WeekNo] )
)
)
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.