cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QQQ Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

DAX to find percent of total based on filter (regardless of view)

How do I create DAX that finds the percent of incidents that are Status=Closed based on row view

Sample data from Power Pivot.

Total Incidents = Count of CREATED_DATE

I tried following Measure both gave error 

% Closed:=if(Table1[STATUS]="Closed",[Count of CREATED_DATE],0)/[Count of CREATED_DATE]

and

% Closed2:=DIVIDE(if(Table1[STATUS]="Closed",[Count of CREATED_DATE],0),[Count of CREATED_DATE],0)

sample_data.PNG

Here is my table

table.PNG

Here is what I wish to create. Please note, the % of Closed Incidents to Total should change based on how I filter the power-pivot, i.e. if I filter to include ONLY closed incidents, then naturally the % should be 100%

output.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: DAX to find percent of total based on filter (regardless of view)

@QQQ,

You can create the following measures in your table.

Total incidents = COUNT(Table[CREATE_DATE])
Count of closed = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table[CREATE_DATE]),FILTER(Table,Table[STATUS]="Closed"))
%closed = [Count of closed]/[Total incidents]
1.JPG2.JPG

If you have questions about the DAX, please share raw data of your table that can be copied and pasted, I will test it in my environment.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: DAX to find percent of total based on filter (regardless of view)

@QQQ,

You can create the following measures in your table.

Total incidents = COUNT(Table[CREATE_DATE])
Count of closed = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table[CREATE_DATE]),FILTER(Table,Table[STATUS]="Closed"))
%closed = [Count of closed]/[Total incidents]
1.JPG2.JPG

If you have questions about the DAX, please share raw data of your table that can be copied and pasted, I will test it in my environment.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.