Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

QQQ
Advocate I
Advocate I

DAX to find percent of total based on filter (regardless of view)

How do I create DAX that finds the percent of incidents that are Status=Closed based on row view

Sample data from Power Pivot.

Total Incidents = Count of CREATED_DATE

I tried following Measure both gave error 

% Closed:=if(Table1[STATUS]="Closed",[Count of CREATED_DATE],0)/[Count of CREATED_DATE]

and

% Closed2:=DIVIDE(if(Table1[STATUS]="Closed",[Count of CREATED_DATE],0),[Count of CREATED_DATE],0)

sample_data.PNG

Here is my table

table.PNG

Here is what I wish to create. Please note, the % of Closed Incidents to Total should change based on how I filter the power-pivot, i.e. if I filter to include ONLY closed incidents, then naturally the % should be 100%

output.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@QQQ,

You can create the following measures in your table.

Total incidents = COUNT(Table[CREATE_DATE])
Count of closed = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table[CREATE_DATE]),FILTER(Table,Table[STATUS]="Closed"))
%closed = [Count of closed]/[Total incidents]
1.JPG2.JPG

If you have questions about the DAX, please share raw data of your table that can be copied and pasted, I will test it in my environment.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@QQQ,

You can create the following measures in your table.

Total incidents = COUNT(Table[CREATE_DATE])
Count of closed = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table[CREATE_DATE]),FILTER(Table,Table[STATUS]="Closed"))
%closed = [Count of closed]/[Total incidents]
1.JPG2.JPG

If you have questions about the DAX, please share raw data of your table that can be copied and pasted, I will test it in my environment.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.