Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX to find if some visual is selected, if positive show the name os the selected item.

Hello,

I was trying to figure out a way to modify my tittle in bar visuals, after the tittle conditional formatting.

The use of SELECTEDVALUE and ISFILTERED usually works with slicer's kind visuals, but when we use some simple visuals like a bar chart, when we select one item, the behavior of the previous mentioned functions don't work.

Can you guys help find a way to solve this issue?

My Needs: 

Created a tittle that modify according to the selected value, if none of the itens in bar chart is selected the name showed have to be the column name. Remember that we have a drill down option in the visual.

I Had tried a lot of things to make it work, like VALUES, ISFILTERED, SUMMARIZE, and the list go on.

If I put some measures in a card or table they work perfect, but using in a conditional tittle, for some reason the behavior diverge, and I get the wrong output.

Bellow is the visuals with the correct tittles I need. and the table used to this sample.

Capturar.PNG

Table used:

CaseDescValue
Worksub-Work 127
Worksub-Work 29
Worksub-Work 335
Worksub-Work 417
Worksub-Work 540
Worksub-Work 619
Worksub-Work 729
Worksub-Work 830
Housesub-House 115
Housesub-House 219
Housesub-House 333
Housesub-House 44
Housesub-House 525
Housesub-House 64
Housesub-House 725
Funsub-Fun 121
Funsub-Fun 240
Funsub-Fun 331
Funsub-Fun 44
Funsub-Fun 531
Funsub-Fun 613
Funsub-Fun 77

Thx for all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I'm afraid the title in stacked column chart can be changed according to the selected value in slicer chart. Only column values can be interacted with slicer. 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I'm afraid the title in stacked column chart can be changed according to the selected value in slicer chart. Only column values can be interacted with slicer. 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.