Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX to filter out records

Hi Experts,

I'm still new to Dax and need some assistance to resolve the following;

I have the following sample record set which is based on different status's. So one notification you can have upto 10 different status's and change no is unique for each. I'm trying to create a Dax statement which will give me  the total (CG team) value based on Maximum changeno for the status selected. In the following scenario i need INCO status to be picked up as the Max.  The calculation should happen for the entire table. Please advise how to create the Dax.

Image 1Image 1

Thank you.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 REPLIES 6
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create column like the formula below :

Column1 = var d=MAXX(TOPN(1,FILTER(Table1,Table1[notificationno]=EARLIER(Table1[notificationno])),Table1[changeno],DESC),Table1[changeno])

return CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[total (cg team)]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1),Table1[notificationno]=EARLIER(Table1[notificationno])&&Table1[changeno]=d))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In this context cannot use the Earlier function as the pop up for selecting the relevant table column is disabled. The notification no having duplicates however change no to pick as the minimum. Any thoughts? @v-xicai 

Hi @Anonymous ,

>>In this context cannot use the Earlier function as the pop up for selecting the relevant table column is disabled. The notification no having duplicates however change no to pick as the minimum.

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture2.PNG

In the above table, if i filter records based on Status like 'INCO', at present moment i'm getting two records. Based on ChangeNo column I need to get the minimum ( in this case its 3 ) and then calculate total CG team value (i.e. 2360). So, end result should be 1 row for each notification no.  When calculating total result for CG team it should give me the total summation for CG team.  @v-xicai 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used the below solution

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Using-Dax-to-remove-duplicates-before-summing-up-a-column/t...

This issue is now closed. Thanks all for replies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Amy, I will implement your proposed solution and will let you know the outcome. 

Kind regards

Las

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.